RE: Building Cygwin from CVS

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Cliff Hones wrote:
>
>> Well, maybe it is a timestamp problem, but the make did fail trying to
>> regenerate devices.cc using the gendevices script.  After I'd installed
>> cocom it worked, and overwrote devices.cc in the src/winsup/cygwin
>> directory.
>
> That does sound like a timestamp issue then.

  Or perhaps someone has modified the list of devices, and Cliff just happened
to be running his "cvs up" at about the same time as they ran their "cvs ci",
and Cliff's process managed to pull down the newly checked in version of the
devices list but then completed before the committer's process had a chance to
commit the regenerated devices.cc?

  Hmm.  My local copy of devices.cc regenerated itself today as well, although
I didn't notice it fly past in the build.

    cheers,
      DaveK