Re: No takers? (was Re: ssh localhost date # "ls -lu" => remote command not being read)

On Wed 1/4/06 18:39 EST Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 11:07:01PM -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> > >My output seems similar to Igor's, though mine is longer :-( (and therefore
> > >also bzipped) but definitely against the 12/29 snapshot.  Hope that helps.
> >
> > I just generated a new snapshot.  Does it behave any differently?  If not,
> > another strace log would be appreciated.
>
> This snapshot apparently fixes the "no output in non-interactive shells"
> problem (with sshd started explicitly from a SYSTEM-owned shell), but the
> sshd service does not start (see
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-01/msg00172.html>).
>
> I was unable to interject strace into the service startup mechanism, but
> the Event Log contains the following:
>
> sshd: PID 5604: starting service `sshd' failed: fork: 0, No error.
>
> Sshd starts up with no problems from a SYSTEM shell.

THANKS so much to cgf, Igor, and Larry (and any others I missed) for all
your work on this fix! :->

I'm sure you'll let me know if a simple thank-you should have only been mailed
to personal email addresses.

--
Tom