Re: debugging cygwin

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 07:44:22AM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>Ken Senior wrote:
>>Actually, I should have been more specific with my statement, "not part
>>of distribution" in the last email.  The actual error from gdb is,
>>"warning: no loadable section found in added symbol-file
>>/usr/bin/cygwin1-20060108.dbg
>
>I get that from insight from time to time, but never from gdb.
>However, it seems to be a message you can ignore because debugging
>works fine after dismissing the dialog as all the symbols are there and
>the debugger clearly knows how to find everything.

Also, you might want to read the snapshots page where it talks about the
dbg file.  You should rename the snapshot .dbg file the same way that you
rename the .dll file.

And, for loading the dbg file, despite the name, you should be able to
use the "dll-symbols" command to load symbols from this file.

cgf