Re: cygwin and rsync

Ken Senior <seniork <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 3.  To answer your earlier question, I installed cygwin and added the
> rsync and openssh which were part of the distribution but were not
> installed by default.  I did not compile my own.

Whis is like the usual package list I do use most commonly. I never managed to
reproduce the problem, so I guess it doesn't depend on this.

Does the problem arise only between that Windows host and that Linux host, or
also in others combinations?
Does any other over-ssh protocols work as expected? (it never seems to happen
suing rsync://)

Until we pin the problem down to something I can reproduce locally I fear I
can't be much help. One consistent difference could be that I never tried
Win-to-Linux transfers, as all I got is some FreeBSD boxes. I wonder if that can
be the culprit, but sure it would be strange.

Ever had a Win-to-Win hang? Anything else comes to your mind?

    Lapo