Re: sshd must be restarted

Great. I have made said attachment.  One interesting oddity about my
installation is that I have two usernames which are identical, one for our
Windows domain and one for the administrator account on my PC.  I made
sure to give both accounts admin privileges locally on the machine, but
that seems not always to work.  I also noticed when I installed cygwin
(yesterday) that the installation correctly recognized both accounts and
indeed created two entries in /etc/passwd.  I was way impressed in my
minimal IT experience.  However, I have noticed that various pieces of the
installation were confused about what was my home directory.  Some
packages (SSH) think the home page should be /home/senior whereas the
default bash shell thinks it's located in /cygdrive/c/Documents and
Settings/senior.DOMAIN.

Now, regarding installation of the sshd service.  I simply ran the
'/usr/bin/ssh-host-config -y' command followed by 'cygrunsrv -S sshd'

This all sounds like a cruel permissions problem, yuck!

-K