Re: services not starting with 20060104 snapshot

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:22:13PM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Nope, sorry to say, neither helped.  In both cases I got the same error
>>>1053 when starting the service.  The Windows error log messages are
>>>identical as well.
>>
>>How about the latest CVS?  This will probably revert to the "ssh
>>localhost date" failing scenario, I assume.
>
>Sigh.  Exactly.  The service starts, though...
>
>I wonder if the service startup problem has to do with the fact that
>spawn_guts() calls GetProcessWindowStation() and isn't getting the one
>you create in fhandler_console::need_invisible()...  Hmm, no, you call
>SetProcessWindowStation() there too...  I can't think of a way for me
>to check whether it succeeds, though.

Can you try inverting the (now) two CreateWindowStation calls in
need_invisible so that the "CygwinInvisible" case is called first and
the NULL case is called second?

And, if that doesn't work, then try commenting out the
CloseWindowStation.

Also, what version of XP are you running?  Pro?  Is it up-to-date with
all service packs and updates?

(email debugging sure is fun)

cgf