Re: No takers? (was Re: ssh localhost date # "ls -lu" => remote command not being read)

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 01:27:11AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 11:38:46PM -0600, Tom Rodman wrote:

Does the strace log hint at a solution?  Is there any other test I
might try that would help you debug this?

The latest snapshot has better strace capabilities. Rather than trying to munge your sshd service startup, please just start it as normal and,

from a privileged account, use "strace -ostrace.out -pNNNN" to capture

the output, where NNNN is the pid of the sshd process.  You need to do
this from an account which has enough privileges to both find the sshd
process and to allow strace to access it.  Either "ps -W" or taskman
should show the pid of the running sshd.exe.

Please use the latest DLL and the latest version of strace.exe from the
snapshot: http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Is there any movement on this?  If multiple people can duplicate the problem
I would think that we'd have at least one person posting strace results.

Sorry. Since you hadn't said you wanted to see the strace results, I didn't post them and I hadn't had enough time to make any real sense of them myself. My output seems similar to Igor's, though mine is longer :-( (and therefore also bzipped) but definitely against the 12/29 snapshot. Hope that helps.

Holliston, MA 01746