Re: Installation without network connection

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 11:43:02AM -0600, Greg Youngdahl wrote:

I saw on the RedHat cygwin page some sort of instructions that seemed
promising until they had several bold print lines added saying that
parts of it don't work anymore and/or have been removed from public
availability, but with nothing about how it should now be done.

The "RedHat cygwin page"? Huh? What web page are you referring to?

FYI, the URL for the cygwin project is http://cygwin.com/ .  That's
where the official cygwin net release resides.  Red Hat has nothing to
do with this release.

cgf

Hi Christopher,

Directly on the page you mention (http://cygwin.com) down near the bottom, there is a link to the "Redhat Cygwin Product Site". It is
http://www.redhat.com/software/cygwin

The page I was refering to wasn't directly on that page, but presumably one could get there. Just now I don't have a direct link to the page I mentioned. I think I got there following some links from a search of this list's archives, not via the URL above. If you want or need the link for a reference I can probably find it again. Since it seemed outdated and refered to tools that were no longer available, I assumed it wasn't going to be helpful and moved on.

Thanks,
--
Greg Youngdahl