Re: 1.5.18-1: issue with cygwin1.dll: "system shared memory version mismatch detected"

--- Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

> > > Not sure.  services.exe could be a wrapper that
> was running some
> > > Cygwin program at the time...
> >
> > Well ProcessExplorer used to point services.exe on
> > c:\windows\system\DRIVER, were I couldn't find any
> services.exe in the
> > explorer (I checked that explorer was not
> configured for hidding files).
> > Moreover I was not able to create a file called
> services.exe, explorer
> > wouldn't do it because another one was called like
> this in the
> > folder!!!! Then, in a command prompt I executed
> "del services.exe", and
> > the del command told me no file was there. Then, I
> did "mv services.exe
> > services.exe.old", and the file was renamed. I
> created a services.exe
> > from an empty txt file, and that's it,
> services.exe (the one containing
> > a copy of cygwin1.dll) does not launch himself
> anymore at each boot and
> > cygwin works correctly.
> >
> > I definitly think it's a worm.
>
> Ok.
>
> > > Hmm...  Weird.  Well, it's gone now...
> >
> > Thanks to you, thank you and the other guys in the
> > forum for your gracious help.

> Actually cygcheck is
> > >
> > > Your guess is wrong.  cygcheck does attempt to
> invoke some programs
> > > that depend on cygwin1.dll, but it itself does
> not depend on it.  The
> > > fact that it thinks that you have no mounts and
> that no packages are
> > > installed is alarming.
> >
> > But everything seems to work perfectly.
>
> For now.  Your configuration is just asking for
> trouble.
>
> > > What is the output of "mount" from bash?  Does
> your system have an
> > > /etc/setup/installed.db?
> >
> > bash-3.00$ mount
> > c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)
> > d: on /cygdrive/d type system (binmode,noumount)
> > e: on /cygdrive/e type system (binmode,noumount)
> > g: on /cygdrive/g type system (binmode,noumount)
> > h: on /cygdrive/h type system (binmode,noumount)
>
> You need to have the "/", "/usr/bin", and "/usr/lib"
> mounts, at the very
> least.
>
> > And I have a /etc/setup/installed.db in my cygwin
> directory. Attached
> > with the mail, my last cygcheck which seems fine.
>
> It is not fine.  The default mounts are missing, so
> most scripts will not
> work properly (those that use /usr/bin/PROG as their
> shebang line, for
> example).  Looks like you've installed Cygwin into
> c:\cygwin, so you can
> restore the mounts with
>
> cd c:\cygwin\bin
> .\mount -f -s -b c:/cygwin /
> .\mount -f -s -b c:/cygwin/bin /usr/bin
> .\mount -f -s -b c:/cygwin/lib /usr/lib
>
> (from a cmd.exe window), or re-running setup.exe...
> FWIW, the empty list of installed packages is likely
> a consequence of the
> missing "/" mount, and should also be fixed by the
> [...]

I performed the previous command and mount returns:
c:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
c:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
c:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type system (binmode,noumount)
e: on /cygdrive/e type system (binmode,noumount)
g: on /cygdrive/g type system (binmode,noumount)
h: on /cygdrive/h type system (binmode,noumount)

Everything's fine. Thanks for the help.

> "Las! je suis sot... -Mais non, tu ne l'es pas,
> puisque tu t'en rends compte."

C'est pour moi cette citation ? :p

JD