SSH problem after upgrade

After upgrading to the latest release of cygwin, I am continually receiving the error message.

socket:  Operation not permitted
ssh:  connect to host port 22: Operation not permitted

I have had Cygwin installed on this computer for over three years and have used ssh reguarly without any problems until this recent upgrade.

Also, I can copy ssh.exe to my home directory and for some strange reason this seems to work. I have searched all over for an answer to this problem with no avail.

Any help appreciated

Ed