Re: bug with Cygwin - "ls .." within a link (directory)

Robert Body wrote:
Here is a bug with cygwin: "r" is a link to "/cygdrive/c/robertbody" and when I go into the link named "r" and I do "ls .." it is incorrect, and inconsistent with "cd ..; ls",
because in fact Cygwin is mishandling the link...... inconsistently with any linux/unix

You're going to have to get allot more specific about how what you've
demonstrated below doesn't match with your expectations and/or Linux/Unix.
FWIW, I followed a similar set of steps on Linux and found I got very
similar results to what you report below.  Of course, since you don't
provide listings of "/cygdrive/c/robertbody" or "/home/Owner", it's hard
for me to make more substantive comparisons.  As always, the devil is in
the details so don't leave them out!

On another note,
I reported a bug with "type ahead" while running a script (within a script within a script), and nobody wrote that they will take action, or to confirm it, so i wrote to Corinna directly, because it doesn't look like all the bug reports are properly addressed.

Reporting issues doesn't entitle you to any response on any schedule from
anyone on this list.  It merely is a way to inform others of the issues
you're seeing.  If someone here has the time and information that would
make responding to you worthwhile, then you will receive a response.
Otherwise, you will not.  More often than not, you will get some response
but there is no guarantee.  It's also important to keep in mind that a lack
of response doesn't mean that that the issue you report isn't one or that
it won't be (or isn't already) fixed.  The flip side is that reporting any
issue also doesn't guarantee it will be fixed.  The best way to hasten the
latter case is to provide a patch for inclusion, discussion, or both.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746