Re: Where is patch?

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 08:10:52PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>
>>>The latest GNU patch version compiles out of the box and it works
>>>better than the one distributed with Cygwin.  By "works better" I mean
>>>that Cygwin's patch sometimes fail when GNU patch works perfect.
>>
>>I've found that GNU patch doesn't work but cygwin's patch works just
>>fine.
>
>And I imagine both of you have testcases available to prove your
>respective claims.....  ?

Test case?  I said it works!  Why would you need to test something that works.

Oh you mean the "doesn't work" case?  It's easy enough to show how it doesn't
work.  Just try to use it and type in some options.  I really can't be expected
to do everything here...

It's a good thing I had the cygwin version or I'd be dead in the water, unable
to patch anything.

cgf