Re: 1.5.18-1: issue with cygwin1.dll: "system shared memory version mismatch detected"

--- Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:

> Found: C:\Program Files\OpenSSH\bin\ls.exe
> Found: C:\Program Files\OpenSSH\bin\rm.exe
> Found: C:\Program Files\OpenSSH\bin\sh.exe
>
> That directory contains a bunch of unix like tools
> and probably a
> foreign, incompatible version of cygwin1.dll.  Get
> rid of it, or at
> least remove it from yor path, and install the
> cygwin openssh package.
>
> I foresee many similar problems in your future, as
> you've got all sorts
> of stuff in your PATH that's going to clash with the
> cygwin versions
> (perl, tcl, boost, xerces, subversion, ssh, etc.)
>
> You can't just have all that crap in your PATH and
> not expect problems
> due to having sixteen different versions of "rm" or
> "ssh" or whatever
> floating around.  At the very least you need to be
> very careful with
> your PATH.

Sure Brian, but bash.exe is present nowhere but in my
cygwin\bin directory, and bash doesn't work. I agree
with you that my computer is kind of a mess but I
don't think this is the root cause. Actually, i've set
up my environment variable with cygwin\bin in the
first position of my path and it doesn't change
anything.

Thanks for your help anyway.