Re: libtiff, libjpeg, cygwin compile problems

Paul J. Lucas wrote:
	I'm trying to compile libtiff (using libjpeg) under cygwin and
	I'm getting all kinds of compile-time errors.  FYI: I need to
	compile with the -mno-cygwin flag to gcc since my software as a
	whole can't depend on the end-user having cygwin installed.

You're not really compiling for cygwin. When you use -mno-cygwin, you're compiling for native windows. I don't support jpeg/tiff for anything other than pure cygwin. You'll have better luck looking here:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/

Those guys do native-windows (e.g. -mno-cygwin) ports (although they actually use the mingw compiler, not the cygwin compiler in -mno-cygwin mode).

--
Chuck
cygwin jpeg/tiff maintainer