Re: how to make ssh-agent automatically

Hi Karl,

Karl M wrote:
> Hi HS...
>
> You can use keychain (a package available from setup.exe).
>
> I do something like
>
> ssh-add -l >/dev/null 2>&1
> if [ $? -eq 1 ]; then
>  ssh-add
> fi
>
> in my .bash_profile, because keychain is slow when I launch several
> windows.

Okay, I will try that. BTW, just out of curosity, is using keychain only
one of the methods to achieve this or is it the only method? I mean, is
it possible to do this without keychain or any other packages and just
with ssh and rsync and login/logout files and environment variables?

> Why do you kill the agent when you log out? (Windows will kill it when
> you log off from windows.)

Currently I was starting ssh-agent in cygwin command prompt window. And
if I did not kill ssh-agent the window would not close upon exit. By
killing if from .bash_logout solved that problem.

thanks,
->HS