Re: P.S. cygheap base mismatch / popen()

Lester Ingber wrote:
As I explained in my first posting in this thread, popen() hangs
my code when using the -mn=no-cygwin option under gcc.

Most of the time this happens, I also get printed to STDOUT,
  The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
The xterm window in which I am running the code freezes, and I have to
kill the entire window.

Is there any way this could lead to the cygheap base mismatch problem?

No.  The '-mno-cygwin' says "Don't use cygwin1.dll" so running executables
built in this manner has no bearing on this issue.  As for the popen()
problems when building this way, you may want to mozy over to the mingw
list and see if you can find some answers there.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746