Re: Core dump calling strptime()

Corinna said:

> Newlib's strptime function doesn't implement the 'c' and the 'Z'(*)
> format specifiers.  If it encounters one of the non-implemented format
> specifiers it calls the abort() function which then results in the core
> dump.

> (*) Z?  I don't see this format specifier defined on Linux, nor in the
>     SUSv3 man pages.  What's its job?

>From 'man strptime' on a Mandrake 9.2 system:

STRPTIME(3)                Linux Programmer's Manual STRPTIME(3)
GNU EXTENSIONS
       For reasons of symmetry, glibc tries to support for strptime  the
same
       format  characters  as  for strftime.  (In most cases the
corresponding
       fields are parsed, but no field in tm is changed.)  This leads to
       %Z     The timezone name.

HTH,
Erik

PS: originally sent to newlib@sources.redhat.com and cygwin@cygwin.co,
but obviously that mail never arrived here...                      ^^^