Making the command console stay on top

I have an application written and compiled using gcc and ncurses (for
the colors), in the cygwin environment. This application gets
information from a database, and displays it to an operator running a
machine telling them what program to input (among other things).

The problem is that when they go to enter the program name, the console
window immediately falls behind that of the application they are
entering the data into, and they can't read it.

I'm using a shortcut to start this, and the level of display of the
window is not one of the options. Does anyone (that will answer) know a
way to start this window with the attributes needed so it will not be
covered when another application is touched by the mouse?

Thanks,

Terry Dabbs