Fixed: Capital/upper case B doesn't register in either cygwin bash prompt, rxvt bash prompt, or ssh client bash prompt

Igor,

Thank you very much for your help.  The answers were "yes" up to the "bind" command.  The "bind" didn't show anything but there was a single "B" on a line of its own in .inputrc.  Removing it fixed the problem.  It must have been the result of a fat finger when I attempted to do something else.  Thank you again.

John