Re: Old versions of setup.exe

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Scott Cegielski wrote:

> Are older versions of setup.exe kept around?  Last time I installed
> cygwin, I also installed cygnome and it would crash setup using the
> current version at the time.  I had to finad version 2.340.2.5 of setup
> and use that.

Well, it stands to reason, then, to try the newest version of setup, not
embark on quests for older ones.  Why not try the latest snapshot[*] and,
only if that fails too, report this as a bug and grab an older version?

> Is there an archive of these versions somewhere?

If the newest snapshot doesn't work for you, you can try grabbing the one
you want from the "Cygwin Time Machine" (Google for it).  Note that
anything you get from there is unsupported on this list.
HTH,
	Igor
[*] The snapshots are usually at <http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/>.
However, in this case, the snapshot is temporarily residing at
<http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/cygwin/setup-2.513-1-alpha.exe>.  I've Cc'd
the cygwin-apps list for the following request to the setup maintainer:
Brian, all the patches in that version are already in CVS.  Can we get
a new setup snapshot out, please?
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu