Abnormal SCP performance under cygwin

Hello,

I'm posting to this list because I have noticed this ssh/scp problem
only with cygwin.

The condition I'm seeing is an adnormal 800kb/s transfers from a
Cygwin box to a Solaris 8 box, while seeing about 4m/s from the
Solaris box to the Cgywin box.  WinSCP from the same box running
Cygwin is about 3m/s.

The Cygwin box is a Windows XP SP2 machine running the latest version
of Cygwin. All machines tested are using OpenSSH 4.2p1.  All machines
have the same ssh and sshd configs. Keys are default settings.

Bidirectional transfer speed from both to other machines is normal.
FTP speed is consistent between all the machines test.

Here's a short summary:

SCP:
Cygwin ->  Solaris  800k/s
WinSCP -> Solaris 3m/s
Solaris -> Cgywin   4m/s
Cgywin-> Linux      5m/s
Solaris ->Linux      4m/s
Linux -> Cygwin    6m/s
Linux -> Solaris     4/ms

FTP:
All -> All   normal

Why is the transfer speed from the Cygwin to Soalris so different from
the others?
Please help.

Thanks,

Jack