rxvt and 'pointerBlank'

I've just discovered that the 'pointerBlank true' setting for rxvt seems
to work only for mice connected via USB and has no effect for PS/2
connections.  Can anyone confirm this or offer a suggestion?

I've tried using several different mice (Logitech, MS Intellimouse,
etc.) on Windows 2000 systems, with and without third-party drivers, and
still end up with a visible cursor.  The problem isn't evident on Linux
or BSD systems with the same hardware.

For the moment, I've resorted to changing the colour of my mouse pointer
to the same colour as my terminal, but that workaround is proving to be
somewhat unsatisfactory.

Thanks.

--
George