Re: VIM - Vi IMproved 6.4 (2005 Oct 15, compiled Oct 17 2005 11:54:34

Shankar Unni wrote:
> But I think it's worth mentioning that 6.3 doesn't do this (change the
> case of the name when writing back). It overwrites the old file when
> writing back, thus preserving its case.

More to the point, the windows version of vim 6.4 doesn't do
this, either. So there is some code in there somewhere that
knows about case-wacky-pseudo-sensitive file systems (OK, it
probably just has #ifdef WIN32 around the old method, but
still...).

gsw

P.S. It might be possible to come up with a workaround using
     some trickery within VIM (e.g., do an ls on the dirname
     of % via event hook when you open a new file and either
     rename % somehow or hook into the file write event).