Re: Cygwin, ssh, and top

David Christensen wrote:

> 3.  Setting Cygwin TERM to xterm and logging in to either Debian machine has no
> effect on top, and now the cursor keys are broken.

You're setting TERM before connecting?  Have you verified that the
setting is indeed changed once you are logged on to the remote?  You
might try "vt102" as well.  Also, consider using rxvt with Cygwin if you
are using the stock CMD.EXE window.

>         colors#8, cols#80, it#8, lines#25, ncv#3, pairs#64,

I suspect it has something to do with the lines/columns settings.  Try
resizing the window before running top to make it recalculate size.  Or
run something like "eval `resize`".

Brian