Re: ruby-1.8.3: ginstall

> On Oct 11 12:52, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> > While building a ruby module (extconf.rb method) with ruby-1.8.3,
> > INSTALL is defined as "/usr/bin/ginstall -c".  There's no ginstall on
> > Cygwin, just install.

> On my machine I had a ginstall for some reason and I even don't know
> anymore where it came from.

coreutils internally builds ginstall.exe, then installs it to
install.exe (otherwise, imagine the confusion if you type
make install, but it builds the one binary instead of installing
everything in coreutils).  Should I provide a new coreutils
release that provides g<name> variants of the various
coreutils as links to the <name> version, so that cygwin
would then indeed have a ginstall in addition to install?

--
Eric Blake