Re: select() hangs forever with Cygwin 1.5.18 on WinXP

On Oct  4 09:43, Vladislav Grinchenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use UNIX domain sockets in cygwin environment.
> A program in question works fine just on any other POSIX
> OS I can get my hands on (Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, ...).
> However, running on cygwin, select() hangs forever.
>
> The program sets up 1 socket for Read mask and 2 sockets for
> write mask to complete asynchronous connect. The timeout is
> set to 1 second. What follows is the 'strace' of the relevant
> portion. Looks like a select_socket thread is started and
> properly detects data on all file descriptors, but it never
> bubbles up to the application layer.
>
> Can anyone at least suggest something?

Yes.

First step, please test with the latest Cygwin developers snapshot,
if the problem persists.  See http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

If yes, send a *minimal* testcase to reproduce the problem.  Minimal
testcase means a short, concise source code, possibly written in
pure C, which is compilable out of the box, with not more than the
necessary lines of code to reproduce the effect.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.