Re: Socket operation on non-socket with rsync/ssh

At 08:43 AM 9/29/2005, Pablo Halpern wrote:
>Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>

>> At 11:14 PM 9/26/2005, Pablo Halpern wrote:

<snip>

>This is the thread that got me wondering about what had installed
>itself into my LSP stack.  I was fearing that it was Norton Antivirus
>(which I would have been loath to abandon), but had an Aha! moment
>when I saw the Earthlink entries.  The incompatible program was not
>Aventail, as mentioned in the thread, but the concept was the same.  I
>read that thread before posting but read it again after your response.
>Thanks for the help.

Not a problem.  Sounds like you were quite effective at tracking the
specific problem on your side.

>> >Now, the result of cygcheck -svr:
>>
>> We ask that you *attach* this to any problem reports you send to the list.
>> Please don't embed it.
>
>I couldn't figure out a way to create an attachment using the web interface to
>this newsgroup.  Sorry.

Through GMANE, this appears as a newsgroup but it actually is a mailing
list.  Actually, I believe this is the main purpose of GMANE.  FWIW, I
took a quick look at GMANE and did see anything obvious that suggested how
one might attach a file to a posting.  Admittedly, I only looked at the
"FAQ" and the "Posting" links.  It's surprising that they wouldn't have
such a feature but if you plan to continue using it, it's worthwhile to
discuss the need with the folks there.  Alternatively, you can always
send email to the list directly using your email client.  There it should
be no problem to attach any files you wish to send.

Holliston, MA 01746