Re: Setup error: "URL Scheme not registered!

On 9/30/05, Arthur I Schwarz wrote:
[snip]
> You can expect no support. You will, after a short while, start to
> receive sarcastic comments from the developers. You will be blamed
> for your problem. You will be directed to information of no value
> in determining what is wrong. The only recourse seems to be a complete
> rebuild.
[snip]

I'm afraid that the main challenge in fixed alleged problems in Cygwin
is not giving you information, but in getting information (exact steps,
logs, etc.) to determine what when wrong. That is why the instructions
at http://cygwin.com/problems.html exist. If you are having so much
trouble installing, you might try one of the live-cd approaches which
are referenced at:

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.cd

(I have not used any myself, but others like them.)

Hope it helps.