Re: CTRL-C kills ALL processes, not just foreground process.

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> wrote in message 20050922200223.GC10392@trixie.casa.cgf.cx">news:20050922200223.GC10392@trixie.casa.cgf.cx...
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:47:38PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 03:36:38PM -0400, Joe Smith wrote:
"Big Action" <joeasdf@hotmail.com> wrote:
Do I only need to replace the cygwin1.dll, or should I download and
extract the entire "make install" tree?

replace the cygwin1.dll I would recomend rebooting afterwards before testing just to be sure everything is using the new version.

You can't replace a running DLL so this should be unnecessary. If you can overwrite cygwin1.dll with a new version then you should be all set. If this wasn't the case, I'd be rebooting all day long.

I don't know if the above is clear or not but what I was trying to say was that if anything else was using cygwin1.dll, you wouldn't be able to copy over it. You *have* to stop all running cygwin processes before replacing cygwin1.dll so, given that, there is no reason to reboot if you have successfully managed to copy over, e.g., c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll .

cgf
Um... even though there is only one copy of cygwin1.dll on the system, my background cygwin/s server causes problems every upgrade. It seems that setup does succeed in replacing cygwin1.dll. Bash dies with the version mismatch error. But as soon as I kill the x server, everything works.

Unless there is something funky going on it seems the in use dll is being replaced.