Re: Cygwin and Ext2 IFS?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Probably not.  You can use every file system which can be accessed by
the underlying Windows also in Cygwin, but except for NTFS file systems,
the permission handling of the underlying file system drivers (here:
Ext2 IFS) is usually rudimentary at best.  As for upper/lower case handling,
I don't know.  It all depends on the driver.  It has nothing to do with
Cygwin.  However, Cygwin will by itself not enforce case sensitivity, but
just use the default which is usually to be case preserving.

Hi Corinna,

I would like to use my ext3 symlinks with Cygwin. So, Cygwin would have to know about the underlying file system.

Is it possible for Cygwin to communicate with Ext2 IFS in order to do that?

Best Regards
Gordon