MKPASSWD on multi-domain systems

Greetings
 I have been searching the mailing lists and googeling every thing in
site but have not found exactly what I need.  I saw in one post where
mkpasswd had trouble when the PC was a member of one domain and the
users logged into another.  This is the same problem we are having.  I
verified this by setting up a PC on the users domain.  I could then make
mkpasswd work.  The same PC on the PC domain could not find the domain
controller.
Has this issue been resolved? I have tried the -d -u with userID Domain
and I have tried both domains.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Jb

James Bassett
IT Analyst Sr.
Enterprise IT Support
0401 MLSES Plant
Office 903836-6257
Cell     903235-7915
MCSE+I (NT4)
MCSE  (NT4 & W2K)
MCDBA (SQL7 & 2K)
MCSA
CCNA

contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the

addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be

advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying

or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If

immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any

attachments from your system.