Installation problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to install cygwin and it's not happening
properly. From cygwin website, I downloaded the
setup.exe file and then ran it. I chose the first
option "Install from Internet". The files are getting
downloaded, and then it tries to install the program.
When the installation is 99% complete, it's getting
stuck there with no progress. I waited for a long
time, but nothing happened. So I had to cancel the
process, and on doing so I got a message "Installation
complete". There was no shortcut created on desktop or
start menu, although I found directories created under
C:\cygwin and also the registry entries for cygwin.

On trying to reinstall it (after uninstalling by
deleting reg entries and C:\cygwin), I encountered the
same problem (again at 99%). This time I noted down
the message in the progress window.
"no package...
/etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh"
I could locate this particular file (4 KB) in my
computer.

Can anybody please help. I'm using Windows XP Pro
Version 2000 SP2, and an Intel Xeon processor.

Thanks.