Re: cygwin on Vista 64-bit

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

On Sep 18 13:27, Tim Prince wrote:

I can't get bash to run, using the standard installation. I tried all the compatibility modes, with and without the addition of syswow64 to the shortcut. Failure mode is different in the win9x modes from the others. Any more suggestions?

See http://cygwin.com, second paragraph. Vista is beta software and not yet supported.

I am aware of that policy, that no fix will be made to support such software. Just thought there might be a work-around. If not, I will consider Vista broken.

Thanks,

Tim