Linking with comctl32 lib

Greetings,
This question came up after a lively discussion with
several other developers. Let me clarify my question.
You build a standalong windows app and link in
(statically) the comctl32.dll into your app. You then
want to deploy your application, your application now
contains parts of the dll but not all of them due to
static linking. Does this constitute a violation of MS
not allowing the dll to be redistributed. They state
it can't be redistributed in standalone form. Just
curious if anyone out there can provide an
opinion......

Thanks