A new day, a new snapshot, more testing required on the road to 1.5.19

Yes, I have another snapshot to test.  I know that this is tedious but I
thought it would be nice to have some concerted testing of cygwin before
I make a new release.  I know that in the long run, it will probably
only have a limited effect because there are people waiting in the wings
who are reluctant to test snapshots and who are hoping, magically, that
their problems will be fixed.  This is a fact of life with any software
project.

However, I *really* do appreciate all of the testing that we've seen so
far.  I hope everyone who has tested previous snapshots will continue to
test this one and any other snapshots up until I eventually release 1.5.19.

It would be particularly nice if package maintainers would test their packages
with a snapshot.  This is particularly important for Cygwin/X.  Historically,
we often seem to find about problems after a release over there.  I've cc'ed
the cygwin-xfree mailing list for this reason.

Anyway, here, once again are the reporting instructions.

                          * * *

I'm asking, once again, for people to test the latest cygwin snapshot.
The snapshot that is currently available should be very close to an
official release of cygwin version 1.5.19.

Please report success or failure to this thread.  Please don't change
the subject.  Please don't start a new discussion.  If you have a
problem please report it using the guidelines from
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.

If you think you've found an error, please indicate whether this is a
regression from 1.5.18.  OTOH, if you've found a regression from some
other past version then that is worth reporting, too.  There are no
guarantees that we will fix this problem for 1.5.19, unless it is an
actual regression from 1.5.18, however.

In general, just remember that we need *details*.  So, when reporting a
problem, report the exact steps that you took to cause the problem to
occur.  If there is anything "unusual" about your environment
(firewalls, virus checkers, etc.) please report that too.

Snapshots are located here: <http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>.

Thanks.

cgf