RE: Setup 2.510.2.2 failure

----Original Message----
>From: Arthur I Schwarz
>Sent: 12 September 2005 21:34

> And for:

  Basically vast swathes of X.  I've seen this too.  I haven't understood
the problem yet, but like I said the best workaround is to rename aside or
delete the files; you may end up unnecessarily re-downloading some, but
that's not the end of the world, and the md5 checksum will guarantee that no
package that is _actually_ corrupt gets installed.  (The problem is that a
check for package validity based on comparing the actual filesize on disk of
the .tar.bz2 with the supposed size listed in setup.ini flags a discrepancy;
this should be dealt with by setup rather than throwing an exception, but in
any case it appears to be a false positive and so should really be properly
fixed before we implement anything to auto-delete/rename seemingly-corrupt
packages).

    cheers,
      DaveK