setup.exe feature request (text mounts)

Since the text-mode mounts discussion (re: the "file" command) drifted off into the merits of text vs binary mode (talk fodder), I thought I'd split off this one as a top-level message to reiterate the request.

Could setup.exe be modified so that the choice of "text" vs "binary" (DOS vs Unix line endings, in that screen) is applied _only_ to the cygdrive mount?

It would be nice if one of the choices (or perhaps the default choice if the user chooses "DOS endings") was to make:

/           binmode
/usr/lib    binmode
/usr/bin    binmode,exec

/cygdrive textmode (whatever the user chose at that screen).

Does this sound reasonable and doable?