Re: Logout Terminal Services RDC ends ssh invoked by W2k3 service

The developer who wrote the relevant code writes:

The terminal window that ssh is running inside of is not visible.
si.wShowWindow = SW_HIDE; is used to accomplish this in the
CreateProcess.

si.cb           = sizeof(STARTUPINFO);
si.dwFlags      = STARTF_USESTDHANDLES|STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW;
si.hStdOutput   = hChildStdOut;
si.hStdInput    = hChildStdIn;
si.hStdError    = hChildStdErr;

// Use this if you want to hide the child:

si.wShowWindow = SW_HIDE;

// Note that dwFlags must include STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW if you want to
// use the wShowWindow flags.

pData->env_block = process_env_block(pData, StringAt(pData, environment));

// Launch the process that you want to redirect (in this case,
// Child.exe). Make sure Child.exe is in the same directory as
// redirect.c launch redirect from a command line to prevent location
// confusion.

if (!CreateProcess(NULL,command,NULL,NULL,TRUE,CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE|HIGH_PRIORITY_CLASS,
pData->env_block,wkgdir,&si,&pi)){

We did do the test. The mileage varies depending on the program we run. The important one, ssh, appears to finish right away. Others appear to continue to operate, but running them via Terminal Services likely will end execution after logout.

The feeling we have now is to go to plan B and find an alternative solution until we can solve the problem. Thanks very much!

-Mike