RSync Stalling issue

Hi,

I have been using cygwin to run openssh on my windows box to provide functionality and backup services.

Recently the stalling problem has become an issue I need to resolve, although it has always occurred.

When backing up data off the desktop box ( debian <- windows ) the rsync will often stall.

The following command below initiates the rsync on the debian host.

/usr/bin/rsync -e "ssh" --timeout=60 --stats --progress --partial -vr "$remote/$folder" $local &> $tmp

I have trawled the news group to find this problem with rsync and scp mentioned more than once.

It would appear that the only conclusion from all the threads, puts the stalling down to a socket select mishandling (Speculation ?).

Has anyone got further information regarding this issue.

PS

Yes I have tried the msleep(30); rsync solution.

--
Regards

Jonathan Molyneux

Infinite Depth Consulting