Segfault in Cactid

Hello,

I have been working on an enhancement to the Cacti Groups snmp poller called
Cactid and have been experiencing null pointer access violations in a system
call with 1.5.18.1 that I am at my wit's end to trace down.  Here is the
message that I get:

"Application popup: cactid.exe - Application Error : The instruction
at "0x6108ed79" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not
be "read"."

The address is always the same and is not in my application.  When I attach to
the process and perform a backtrace, it shows a few calls inside of
Cygwin1.dll, but I am not too sure how to determine what I am looking at, it's
sad.

So my questions are: How do I trace the memory location above to a known system
call using gdb?  When, I attach to my hung process, what should I be doing to
determine the calling/offending function.

What I can tell you is that I do know enough to be able to determine problem
functions in my program using gdb, but just not system calls.

Thanks in Advance,

Larry Adams
The Cacti Group
http://www.cacti.net