base relocations and vtune

hello -- i'm trying to figure out how to profile my code compiled with
gcc/cygwin with intel vtune's call graph.

this might be a problem specific to the call graph functionality itself.

i was able to instrument all my program with vtune so i can run the
call graph activity, but i get the warning "Module does not contain
base relocations." a popup message informs me about the /fixed:no
change for use with visual studio -- but i've been unable to find an
analogous makefile modification for gcc/cygwin.

when i run the call graph activity on my executables, it runs just
fine, but none of my functions show up in the call list. only system
dll functions show up -- and the graph attempts to build a tree out of
cygwin1.dll, kernel32.dll, et al.

by searching i found the "GCC for Windows help" thread, which seems to
touch on this issue
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2003-05/msg00436.html
but i don't understand what they're talking about (i don't know what
"base relocations" themselves are...)

i would appreciate any guidance on this topic.

thanks!

amos.