Re: Emacs from cygwin in X mode with no X running

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> [...]
>
> > This can be done easily with XEmacs.  You can get an only slightly
> > stale version (21.4.13) straight out of the box from XEmacs.org [1]
> > (pick 'native windows').
> >
> > Or you can compile your own 21.4.17 from source, but this is _not_ a
> > 'straight-out-of-the-box' exercise.  If you try this and have trouble,
> > I'll try to dig out my config.status and other notes from the last
> > time I made it all work.  I _think_ the rebase problems (google
> > cygwin+xemacs+rebase) have disappeared, but I may be wrong.
>
> Very kind of you to offer.  However I'm a confirmed fsf emacs user.
> Tried Xemacs several times but always returned to fsf emacs.
>
> Its been my tool of choice for  4-6 yrs now.

Well, you could try compiling Emacs yourself and linking it against libW11
(that comes with rxvt).  Most likely, this will not work, but I'm sure
patches for missing functionality would be thoughtfully considered by the
developers of rxvt.  'Tis a long and winding road, though.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu