Re: winclient from xemacs 21.4.17-1 says "Could not start process"

    > Hello,
    > When I try to run winclient, I get a Windows message box saying "Could
    > not start process".
    > I'm using the xemacs 21.4.17-1 package that is available via the cygwin
    > installer.
    > The error occurs whether I try to run it from a DOS prompt, from a Bash
    > prompt or directly from Windows Explorer.
    > gnuclient works fine (once I have my Xemacs up & running), but I have
    > used winclient before (on another PC) and found it more useful.

It looks like you are using the native variant of xemacs. I only use the
X variant and so I had no need for winclient.

    > Has anyone seen this?  Any ideas?  Please help.  Thanks in advance.

Looking at the source, /usr/src/xemacs-21.4.17/lib-src/winclient.c, line
56 says:

#define PROGRAM_TO_RUN  "xemacs.exe"

But there is no xemacs.exe in the distro, it's called xemacs-21.4.17.exe.
I'll try and patch the source for the next release, but it's not
guaranteed that the resulting executable will really work.

If you are in a hurry and cannot wait for the next release try building
xemacs by yourself and report back to the list.

Ciao
  Volker