RE: signal trouble

----Original Message----

  Hm.  Worked fine for me on RH8 with gcc 3.2.  There in fact _is_ a
segfault under cygwin, but it doesn't get printed out because either 1)
everything blows up before stderr can be flushed or 2) everything blows up
so badly it's no longer possible to print to stdout.

> (notes : Under Solaris x86 (gcc3.4.4) it works perfectly !?)
>
> I think I've forgotten something but where ?
>
> help me please

  Not sure yet.  It seems that the second time the SEGV happens, the signal
handling code inside cygwin goes wrong somehow and ends up with a SEGV of
its own and the app gets terminated without your handler being called.
Unless there's some POSIX issue I don't know about to do with the way in
which you re-enable signals or interactions between longjmp and signal
handlers, I'd say it's a cygwin bug.

    cheers,
      DaveK