Re: rxvt: `info' dumpes core when rxvt is resized

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Franz Haeuslschmid wrote:

Hello,

I lately observe that `info' when invoked within `rxvt' happens to fail
due to a segmentation fault.
[snip]
The way to reproduce this behaviour on my
system is to start `rxvt' and opening the info documentation for info:

 haeuslsc@pan ~
 $ info info

When I now try to resize the window height of `rxvt' (it doesn't
matter, whether I want to increment or decrement the size), `info'
quits stating that

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

happened.

I can confirm this.  It also happens in an xterm, and in the regular
console with CYGWIN=tty.  Looks like a bug in SIGWINCH handler in info.
FWIW, the actual info page doesn't matter -- just typing "info" is enough.
Since I snipped the cygcheck output, "info --version" shows "info (GNU
texinfo) 4.8".

Strace doesn't show anything useful (IMO), but I could attach the tail end
of it (after the SIGWINCH) if anyone's interested.

I cannot reproduce it.

BTW, I use info2html most of the time: http://info2html.sourceforge.net/
to browse the info docs with a webbrowser, much more the way I like
to read documentation.

Gerrit -- =^..^=