RE: Another (differently) broken man on CygWin 1.5.8

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Herb Martin wrote:

> > >         cygcheck can show a version when the program is not
> > >                 even there (either not installed or missing)
> >
> > Why do you say that the Cygwin man was not installed?  From
> > everything you've posted it was installed just fine, but your
> > other version of man was found first in the path.
>
> No, it wasnt' THERE.  There was no man.exe AND the "other man" was LATER
> on the path even had there been such a file.

"cygcheck -cv man" should have shown that the "man" package was
incomplete, and listed the files that it thought were missing.

> I used setup and re-installed it.  The other item, still later on the
> path was being picked up. So I deleted the other man, and then bash
> complained that the deleted file was missing even though the "right one"
> is in /usr/bin and the "wrong one" is gone.

'which man'?  'type -a man'?

> I still haven't found an encantation for "hash" (or the proper command)
> so temporarily I put a link in the "wrong location" to point to the
> correct man.exe.

It should be "hash -t man man.exe" (or "hash -t man{,.exe}")...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu