Re: Rsync over SSH dies before it is able to send with lots of files

On 11 Aug 2005 at 7:26, Eric Blake wrote:

> Aha - I found something.  When I first ran the touch command above, I
> stopped at about 8000 files (or about 400k for the subsequent echo
> command line), which gave the nice "Argument list too long" error.
> But when I increased the number of files to 45000 (or about 2 meg of
> command line), the same command failed with a segfault with bash 3.0,
> and gave no input but left $? at 5 (matching EIO) on the alpha bash
> 3.1.  I will have to try debugging it now, but it seems odd that
> exec() is dying with E2BIG in one case and EIO when the input is even
> bigger.

Just FYI the same also happens with bash 2.05 (I rolled back to see if it helped my
situation but no)

bash-2.05b$ bash --version
bash --version
GNU bash, version 2.05b.0(1)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)

Good luck!  Fight the good fight!

Cheers,

- Bob -

--