Re: difference in permissions, using two SSH authentication methods: public key/password

On Aug 10 17:31, Michael Spector wrote:
> On 05:05, Wed 10 Aug 05, Brian Dessent wrote:
> > Michael Spector wrote:
> >
> > > When I try to do the same thing, using public key authentication method, I get:
> > > [...]
> > > /usr/zlocal/packaging is a mount to h: (which is mounted to Samba server).
> >
> > http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-switch
> >

> Thank you, I understand the reason now.
>
> May be this question is not for this maillist, so please excuse me:
>
> Is there a way of disabling this NTSEC security mechanism?
> I mean: is there a way of accessing shared disks without logging in with password?

This has nothing to do with ntsec.  What you see is a generic problem
with share authentication when logging in without password.  What you
have to do in order to access these shares from a passwordless session
is to use `net use \\\\server\\share /user:domain\\username password'.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.