Re: Updated MySQL patch file to version 4.1.13a

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

$ ./resetdb 192.168.1.101 gerrit
Connecting to database server...
Error creating DB: Access denied for user ''@'INSPIRON' to database 'mysql_cpp_data'

Username is empty here but should be gerrit.  It looks the same when I
specify no username or mysqld or whatever.

I can't reproduce that here. If I create a MySQL user with no password, resetdb runs just fine (when statically linked to libmysqlclient). If I add a password, I get an error message including the user name.

This message comes from libmysqlclient, so perhaps something is messed up on your end. MySQL permissions are notoriously tricky. MySQL could be defaulting to the default "all users" user, for instance, due to lack of a suitable "gerrit@wherever" user.