Re: setup.exe filename

Jason Pyeron wrote:

> cygwin-update-client-####.exe

I don't see how that changes anything.  The version of the setup program
is next to irrelevent.  As I said, if you try to run a version that's
not the current one you get a message, and updates of setup.exe are made
very infrequently.  It is just another confusing and meaningless number
to most people.  This comes from personal experience of helping people
on this mailing list for a long time and having to deal with people that
think they are running "Cygwin version 2.457".

If you need to know the version, it's displayed on the very first splash
page that you can then cancel out of.

Brian